Thursday, August 15, 2013

DIY- BRACELET OUT OF AN OLD BELT

Albert Einstein : “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”

Re-use belt as a bracelet sounds a little bit strange even for myself, but I think for creativity and fashion there are no rules that couldn't be broken. :) The reason why I decided to make something out of this belt was for sure this beautifully ornamented metal buckle. At the beginning I was thinking to use the belt as a bag or clutch decoration, but then I realized that these cheaply looking hearts are not removable, so there was not enough length for this idea. So I end up with the plan to cut the belt and make a bracelet! At least to try to do it :)

So there is a final result of the bracelet:



And there is a short and very simple tutorial how I made it.

Belt before the changes: what I didn't like about it was these hearts and also the belt was too short for the hip and too long for the waist:


Step 1: Measure your wrist and cut the belt:

Step 2: cut the free end of the belt in a form that it would suit to the buckle on the other side.

Step 3: Put a glue on the smaller piece and glue both pieces together.

That's it! :)

If you have any questions and you would like in the future similar DIY post- I'm waiting for your feedback!